September 11, 2026

Friday's Fave Five 😍

This week I’m thankful for some very ordinary things.


The photos in the collage are a little mixed up. See if you can match them to my five favorites. 😄

1. Lilies in the house
The lilies in my vase are still  beautiful, and the whole house smells of them. I’ve really enjoyed having them here this week.

2. Walks in the woods
I went for two lovely walks this week. The second one was even better than the first, and I spotted my first porcini mushroom of the season. That always feels like a little autumn moment.

3. Flammkuchen
I made Flammkuchen with salmon and it turned out really well. So well, apparently, that the men have already requested it again next week. 😄

4. My hanging sunflower
One of my sunflowers can no longer hold itself upright and is hanging down. It inspired something I wrote for my Bible study Instagram about 1 Peter 5:6.

5. Tiny raindrops
This morning it was raining very softly. When I went to take the laundry down, I noticed tiny drops of water on the wool of my Spencer. Such a small thing, but I thought it looked so pretty.

Linking to Living to Tell the Story

__

And if you’d like, you can also have a look at my five favorite things from last week. I completely forgot to post them! There’s even a little glimpse of my daughter...  including one of her wedding photos. 😊 Click HERE

6 comments:

  1. I love your photos and identified them all with your faves.
    Now I will look at a map of The Netherlands to see where the forests are.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I soooo went to hike in the Netherlands. One day....
    LOVE all your fave blessings. I'll have to look up what that flamme something is. I grill our salmon on our gas grill or bake it in the oven in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple pleasures are the best! A lovely list of faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn is my very favourite time for walking in the wood. We have a droopy, heavy sunflower in the garden as well. I love to see all those seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love them all...it seems that mushrooms are really popping up everywhere these days as the temperatures are cooling down a little bit and there has been more rain. They are each so uniquely beautiful. Love your lily and the sunflower, and the dewdrops/raindrops on the sweater? Everything is so lovely as seen through your eyes. Thank you for sharing them with us. They are indeed "Beyond Precious".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there. It has been a while since I have popped in. I love tiny raindrops!! I love rain in general. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete

I'm really happy with your comment! Thank you so much.