February 23, 2024

FMF - Daily Escape with Diamond Gems

I shake the container of diamond gems back and forth to make them settle nicely for picking up with my pink pen. It's so satisfying to hear that sound when I give the container a little shake. I'm sitting at the large table in my living room, and daylight streams in through the side window, illuminating my robin painting perfectly. 

My little moment of respite
This is my little respite moment, and I dive into it more often than I check my phone... About seven times a day! Is that so?

🤫  Well, let's just say my phone gets jealous sometimes!

Everyone in the house knows how I love it; so I received many gifts, under the motto: help Aritha get through the winter. 

Chocolate brown "gems"
Yesterday, it was the turn of the lime green gems. Today, it's time for the brown stones, reflecting the shade of that special dark chocolate covering the 'Bossche Bol'.* I pick up a gem from the container with my pen and place it where it belongs, nestled in the robin's wing. And another gem, and another... tap, tap, tap. 

😊 Meanwhile, I feel like I can breathe more freely and think in a more creative way.

Thank you LORD
If I had a lot of energy, maybe I wouldn't do this, and I'd just keep running. But look at me sitting at the big table. It's all good. I'm thankful to God for diamond painting and wish I had discovered it earlier.

💎😌 I love these little moments of respite!

Joining in for Five Minute Friday today. 

* Bossche Bol (delicious)

10 comments:

  1. I had never heard of diamond painting before I saw you mention it in another post. I'm not sure I would have the patience or dexterity to do one, but your robin painting looks beautiful.
    (This week I'm your FMF neighbor--#9).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your diamond gem creation looks lovely, Aritha! I hope you will share the finished creation with us when you are finished. Do you hang the diamond creations directly on the wall or do you place them in a glass picture frame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will post a picture when I have finished the diamond painting, I think that would be nice. I won't put glass over it, but I'll add a protective layer if I feel it's necessary (which would be needed if I wanted to hang it outside).

      Delete
  3. I think that God intends our days
    to be a painting formed of gems
    whose pattern offers thanks and praise
    focused by the humble lens
    of the timid human heart,
    so often wrong, compelled by fear,
    but still capable of the part
    that our Lord holds close and dear.
    We place jewels with unpracticed hand,
    and what we think's not what we make,
    for it takes time to understand
    that what looks like a bad mistake
    is actually the living proof
    that at last we see His truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aritha: This picture you are making looks beautiful. Enjoy your time making this and any other you might plan on doing. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you find respite in diamond painting. The piece you're working on looks stunning.
    Visiting today from FMF #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a friend who likes diamond painting as well. I would find it immensely frustrating, but my gig is lego and puzzling. :) FMF11

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I can imagine it to be very addictive though. #17

    ReplyDelete

I'm really happy with your comment! Thank you so much.